This morning Rhonda came over, and we did a run together. I was so excited to learn that we run at the same pace! This is good news, because it means that when we do the Super Run, we will start and finish together! (instead of one of us leaving the other behind)We gabbed the entire time, and somehow, the talking helped us run better! In fact, we ran 4K this morning! (it took us 35 minutes, 22 sec) Incredible! It was the longest either of us had ever ran before. Needless to say, we were incredibly proud of ourselves!
Hi there. I'm Yvonne, and I'm a wife, Mom of 2 and business chick. Welcome!



6 comments:
You just keep giving me reasons to be proud of you. That's awesome!
and I am proud of you both! that's amazing!!! I can't believe you're going to run a 5k! I walked a 5k (briskly) and thought I was going to die! SO SO SO SO Proud!!!!!
We're been cycling for almost an hour the past three days and are hoping to keep it up daily (weather permitting, I'm still not a fan of rain). We have beautiful bike paths along the Ottawa river. Yesterday, Jon heard a woodpecker, so we stopped and found it. It was absolutely amazing to watch! We hope by next month to have enough stamina to ride all the way downtown. We figure it will take 1.5hrs with the kids. Fortunately, in Ottawa the buses have bike racks, so if we can't make it back we can hop on a bus :)
Vikki
I LOVE my bike! I think I'd rather enjoy those bike paths! Here, we have to ride on the street....(or sidewalks, however, it's kinda illegal)
I was thinking that next year I'd like to do a triathalon (5k swim, 5K bike, 5k run)
Anyway...have fun biking! I'm going to bike to Sanctuary tonight. (From my place to downtown) Should be fun!
Distances for triathlon:
Try-a-Tri:
350 metre swim
10 K bike
2.5 or 3 K run
Sprint Triathlon:
750 metre swim
20 K bike
5 K run
Olympic Distance:
1500 metre swim
40 K bike
10 K run
Ironman:
4 K swim
180 K bike
42 K run
So if you do a 5 K swim, that actually an ironman distance.
But hey! The way you've been going, maybe you WILL do an ironman!
You never know!
;)
That's awesome! You guys are so inspiring!
I didn't get to chat with you tonight, but I've been meaning to tell you how appreciative everyone was of all you shared at Breathe. Thanks for your willing heart and sensitivity to His Spirit! :)
Erica
O thank goodness! After thinking about it, I thought "Wait a sec....swimming 5k?" 350M is only 1/3 of a Km. That is totally easy!
Yesterday I ran 4K, and biked 10 K. So I think the Try-a-Tri would be a great way to start!
Thanks for the info....I obviously had NO idea! hahah
Post a Comment