Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Well...it's official. On Father's Day, June 17th, at 7:15am, I'll be running in the Manitoba Marathon!

Since I started running October 16th... (and couldn't run outside from January through March) it's really only about 4 active months that I've been doing this. The answer to your next question is "NO!" I'm not doing the full marathon! (are you nuts?) I'm not even doing the half marathon (equally nuts) I'm doing the 5K. It should take me 45 - 50 minutes to run.

The route I usually run is 2K, and I've upped that to 3K the last two times. So, I'm almost there! I have to say that I really don't enjoy running. Hate would be an accurate term I think. However, I'm determined to do this, and prove something to myself. I'm determined to change my life...the goal being "Free and Fabulous by Fourty!" hehe

I'll admit, 2 months ago I had no intention of doing the marathon, but then Rhonda and I talked....and she inspired me to press on. So she and I are running this together! I hope that we can pace with each other. We're going to go for a "test run" tomorrow and see how comparable our running speeds are.

Anyway...that's the news for today!

ps....I pulled my bike out of the shed this week! It's been so wonderful to be back on it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is congrats on all you have been doing for yourself...you look great and I can only imagine that you feel great as well

Erica said...

I did not train today.
DJ and I built a new deck instead.
We will see how the week wears on.

Deanna Momtchilov said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Yvonne! Some of my coworkers/friends ran a marathon this year, it made me want to start running again, this blog just whet my whistle even more!

Lynne said...

Biking . . . . ah, I'll have to get our bike trailer back from you since I'm not pregant anymore. Ron and I would just love to go biking with the whole family this summer.

Yvonne Parks said...

Lynne

Shoot. Let me know when you need it. (I still take Aila to school with it every Tuesday and Thursday)

Lynne said...

You can wait till the end of June, if you'd like or whenever preschool is over. Alisa gave me her jogger to use and I just LOVE it so don't you worry. I just thought you weren't using it.

You surprise me so much. You are so pro-active. You jump on things. I say things but don't do them. I have no motivation.

BecsLifeOnline said...

Ooh best wishes with the run (and the training)! My friend and I have applied to do the London Marathon next April :-)