Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pony Fever

There was great sorrow in our home this day.

You see....McDonalds was giving out "My Little Pony's" in their Happy Meals last month. My girls tried to get "Minty" (the light green one) but they could never get her. Alas, McD's has moved on to giving out creepy little dolls and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....and the Pony's are no-more.

"But Mommieeee.....I neva got to haf Min-teeeeeeeee" Aila wailed.

I've been even looking on Ebay to see if there are any people out there trying to sell their McD ponies. Nothin so far.

This leaves me to ask...does anyone out there have a collection of McD Pony's that their kid isn't interested in?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help you on your quest for Minty the Pony...but oh my gosh did that pic ever bring back memories...I had a lot of My Little Ponies, and Pony houses when I was little. I even had the My Little Pony movie on Beta...to much fun. I hope your search is successful :)

Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/McDonalds-My-Little-Pony-2007-2Minty-with-Wagon_W0QQitemZ150111000312QQihZ005QQcategoryZ47228QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They only ship to the USA, but if you're desperate, I can get it for you and ship it up to Winnipeg.

Jennifer said...

wow... I have no insights on Minty acquirement, but Anna was 'reading' your blog with me and I was surprised at the power of Minty when she points to the picture of Minty on the screen and says, "oooh! What's THAT one Mommy??"

ya... somethin freaky goin' on there.. I dunno... I'm backing away slooowly....

Yvonne Parks said...

Cathy

yeah...i tried buying that one, but they won't let Canadian buyers buy it! I even tried making a US account, but then they wouldn't accept my Paypal payment (because my bank account is Canadian)

AGGHHHHH

Lynne said...

I guess you asked them if they had any leftover ones in "the box" under the counter? I still have a buzz lightyear and others still in their rapers hoping to trade it in for something the boys really want. (In actual fact, I think you gave me that idea.) I hope you have some success.

Yvonne Parks said...

Lynne

Yes...I've asked in 3 locations. No Ponies left.

So sad!