Sunday, May 6, 2007

Drum Roll....


We are moving to Ottawa



Jason was offered a wonderful opportunity with Friesens there, and after alot of prayer, we feel that this is part of God's plan for us right now. AS OF NOW, THIS IS A 5 YEAR TERM. That is important to remember. We could be back in just a couple years!
Part of me loves adventure, and is wondering what it will be like to live in another city ...however, right now....99% of me is just simply grieving. I spend most of the day in tears.


I have had many friends move away in the last 4+ years. And it has been hard. But one thing I learned as a part of WCV, was what it meant to hold each other with open-hands. It was really hard not to hold on to friends ankles....saying "don't go! don't go!". Sadly, most of them didn't stay in contact, and that was the worst part. So you see, I want to break the precident and do this differently!

I guess what I need from my friends, is to hear that:

1) when I go, you won't forget me
2) when i go, you will still consider me a friend
3) when I go, we will both promise to keep in contact (email, blog, facebook etc)
4) when I go, you will call me, and I will call you
5) You'll be happy to see me when I visit at Christmas and summer-time (remember, my family is here...i'm going to be visiting ALOT!)
6) You'll consider visiting me!


So now, the grieving can begin. But so can the solving of "how to maintain a long distance friendship".

...........off to cry...

14 comments:

Kristi said...

thinking and praying about you guys a lot these days....you will be missed..

BecsLifeOnline said...

This may seem like a huge sacrifice for you to make, but if you've honoured the will of God in moving to Ottawa then you will be blessed far more than you could have ever hoped, wished for, or imagined!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - I have heard that it is a beautiful city. I hope you will be very happy there.

Deanna Momtchilov said...

still holding your ankles....BUT

I definitely won't forget you.
We'll always be friends.
I'm not much of a facebooker, but I'll gladly email and blogger you.
Thank you MTS for FREE long distance calling anytime, anywhere! :)
Hopefully your trip here won't conflict with my trips east!
A pit stop in Ottawa would be very fun - not sure when or how, but you never know! :)

You guys will be missed...

Anonymous said...

You will be missed and ditto to all the Deanna still said, you will still be my friend, for sure I will keep in contact, and I have never been to Ottawa so hey - road trip?

Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

You will all love Ottawa! Especially now that you're into running and biking - some of the best paths and trails in Canada are in Ottawa.

Btw, you look amazing with all that weight off - so young and gorgeous... you should be so proud of the hard work you've done.

Colleen said...

I am sad, but very excited for you guys! What an amazing adventure!

Lynne said...

We haven't talked much lately. What is Facebook?

I agree, it will be such an amazing adventure. And to think that you will be able to live somewhere other than Winnipeg in your life (who would have thought! :-P) It is like a dream. Ottawa IS a beautiful place. I remember visiting there and wanting to live there (but hey that's what I felt like visiting Paris, Germany, BC, Seattle, oh heck anywhere.)

How are the girls taking it?

Vikki said...

I NEVER forgot you.
I still consider you the closest friend I ever had.
We have always kept in touch, not as much as I would have preferred, but I think we did a pretty good job!
I will call/email you every day.
I will help you move, help you paint, invite you over for BBQs & dinners and invite myself over to your house (I'm good that way:)

(((((((HUGS))))))))) I know this will be hard for you but I am convinced you will love it here!!

kenny said...

Hey Yvonne

Great news, I hear you in terms of moving, there is a legitimate grieving that happens. If you have a chance, pop into the office before you leave, touch base here. We have been thinking strongly of attending the sanctuary! We are heading down to Kansas in August (3 weeks before the wedding...oh ya, Paula (a TA at Greenway) and I have set our wedding for aug 31st) and then again in December.
Great photo's and I have to say...you look FAB! Say Hi to Kevin...and Ottawa is beautiful.

kenny said...

oops...say hi to Jason...I was just talking to a Kevin..!!!!!! That's a 40 year old brain working not quite overtime!

Anonymous said...

YA!!! Ontario is the best!! Now you are only 4 hours away! There are always pluses to everything. Now you are closer to Jason's brother AND to me!! Toronto is a quick weekend trip!!

M

Erica said...

Of course you will be missed, you're the LIFE of the party! There will be NO partying in Winnipeg without you, I will make sure!!
Don't cry Cheri! Think of all the wonderful things about living in Ottawa. The weather is more mild year round, think of how many more weeks and months you will be able to run and bike outside. You will get to meet all kinds of people that you can teach about your journey, and then they'll all be skinny too! And then you can start an Ottawa chapter of our club and teach them all our motto!
Then we'll have a national conference and we'll all bring sweaters! It'll be great!

Anonymous said...

ooo... I want a sweater!