You may have picked up on the fact that Jason is doing really well in his job. He spent so many years going from job to job...and never really feeling like any of them were a good fit for him. (Mostly because of the methods used by those other companies to get business, or the way in which the companies were run. Quite often, they were opposite to Kingdom principals. This made it a miserable experience for Jason) However, its been 3 years since he started with Friesens...and he still completely loves his job (and the company!) He loves the high standards by which the company is run (and using Kingdom principals, administered by God-fearing people) Its just such a blessing. He is quickly becoming one of their top people, and this year won an award for his outstanding performance there.
We knew that ministry was in our future...but it was becoming clear that it would be an 'evening/weekends' thing and not full time. We have had great peace with this realization....and we are both in a place where we just really love our jobs! Jason has often said that he's "found out what he is meant to do". That includes worship and intercession .....but it's about bringing the Kingdom wherever he is. And for today, and the next few years...we feel that our call is to focus on extending God's Kingdom in the Marketplace. It's very exciting!
The scary part, is that this would involve a move. We are praying, weighing the risks and the benefits. We are examining the changes, how we would adapt, but most importantly...what is God's will for our lives. My prayer is that I will continue to have the support of all my friends and family as we make some tough decisions.
more to come......
Hi there. I'm Yvonne, and I'm a wife, Mom of 2 and business chick. Welcome!



9 comments:
You GO girl!
:)
Of course you'll be missed, but if its right, then you gotta do what's right!
we're still praying for you both. Your faith and trust in God still astounds me after all these years!
wow - i am in away for 2 weeks...come back and there is big changes. would love to hear more. God be with you as you walk this out!!!!
elisa
the dream promotion would be (of course) a move to BC.....that would be delicious!
Wow! That is AMAZING! I will be praying for you both as you walk this out and see where God leads. I love you guys and I am excited to see what God does! It is true you will be missed, and I really hope you are still in the 'Peg this summer so I can visit, but if not - I will shed a tear and say YEAH for Jason and Yvonne! Blessings!
Mellow greetings . . .
And congratulations!
Did Jason get my 2 e-mails?
Love, blessings
Dad
We are so excited for you both. May your ears continue to be opened to hear everything He tells you.
Wow - everyone is so excited. My unspiritual self is just mourning. Of course that doesn't mean I won't be happy for wherever God takes you guys, just might take me awhile to adjust!
Hi I found your blog not so long ago... and I'm hooked! Haha. I hope when you pray, God gives you a clear direction regarding the promotion and stuff. I'm sure if it's His will, He'll make it known to you. Right I have to go back and do some more reading... there's an awful lot of writing on this blog over 5 years! Haha!
Post a Comment