Monday, May 7, 2007
Selling A Home
Every other time I've ever had to sell a house...I've been ready to move on. In this instance...this is still my wonderful little home! (not just a house I'm trying to sell)
Interestingly (and yes, some would say "it's God, retard!") we haven't even listed the house yet, and we've had an offer already. There is also a couple coming tonight to take a look.
We have a specific number in mind that we need to get in order to have our financing go through for the next home in Ottawa....so we are trusting that God will hit or exceed that number.
Today I found a couple homes in Ottawa that I'd like to look at. It got me a little excited....since most of them I've seen so far (when compared to what I have now) look dark and un-homey. But, a few have popped onto the market in the last week, and it's looking less bleak!
People keep saying "It's having your family that will make it a home" or "You'll make it yours when you move in and paint" etc. However, I'm rather a serious nester. My surroundings are really important. Windows are important! (being a Winnipeg 'lifer' and being used to allot of sun) There are just some houses I've looked at that make me cry at the thought of being "trapped" inside of them. But thankfully, I'm finding quite a few that I think "Oooo...I like that!" or even "Wow...that may even be nicer than the one I have now!"
I have no doubt that this is God...and he's evidently taking GOOD care of all the details...perhaps even selling our house without us even putting it on the market!
Please keep us in your prayers.....
ps....since I'm seriously sad lately, I'm going to try to find neat things about Ottawa to post. I need to keep thinking positive thoughts...and this is one way I'm gonna do that. So please don't see my future "What's great about Ottawa" posts as anything more than me just trying to think about the good in this whole scenario!
Interestingly (and yes, some would say "it's God, retard!") we haven't even listed the house yet, and we've had an offer already. There is also a couple coming tonight to take a look.
We have a specific number in mind that we need to get in order to have our financing go through for the next home in Ottawa....so we are trusting that God will hit or exceed that number.
Today I found a couple homes in Ottawa that I'd like to look at. It got me a little excited....since most of them I've seen so far (when compared to what I have now) look dark and un-homey. But, a few have popped onto the market in the last week, and it's looking less bleak!
People keep saying "It's having your family that will make it a home" or "You'll make it yours when you move in and paint" etc. However, I'm rather a serious nester. My surroundings are really important. Windows are important! (being a Winnipeg 'lifer' and being used to allot of sun) There are just some houses I've looked at that make me cry at the thought of being "trapped" inside of them. But thankfully, I'm finding quite a few that I think "Oooo...I like that!" or even "Wow...that may even be nicer than the one I have now!"
I have no doubt that this is God...and he's evidently taking GOOD care of all the details...perhaps even selling our house without us even putting it on the market!
Please keep us in your prayers.....
ps....since I'm seriously sad lately, I'm going to try to find neat things about Ottawa to post. I need to keep thinking positive thoughts...and this is one way I'm gonna do that. So please don't see my future "What's great about Ottawa" posts as anything more than me just trying to think about the good in this whole scenario!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi there. I'm Yvonne, and I'm a wife, Mom of 2 and business chick. Welcome!



13 comments:
Yvonne, were all these houses in the Orleans area?
One good thing to get you started, Ottawa is a friendly city, especially for Ontario. I've lived in a few Ontario cities and for this displaced maritimer (I know friendly) there is no other place to go in Ontario.
Frank
Another great thing is that my daughters are 4 and 7, and love making friends!
Frank
SHUT UP! My girls are 4 and 7 too!!!
*twilight zone theme plays*
Frank
Yeah...I'm looking in Orleans specifically. I want to be close to Vikki, but we also need to be a 30 - 45 min bus-ride to the U of O.
We saw some in Kanata, but its just too far away from the University.
Who would say "its God retard!"???
HOW RUDE!!!
I live really close to Ottawa U, I'm in Nepean. There is a wonderful parkway that goes along the canal, gets you into the downtown core easily. Try South Bank (Hunt Club area) as well. It is near both and should be comparable price-wise to Orleans. A quick jaunt to both the University and Vikki's place. :-)
don't do this to me, Frank!!!!! I told her to look in other neighbourhoods, but don't press the issue!
Frank
Thanks! We'll be open to looking around, but I'm committed to being near my friend. She's the only family I'll have there....I want to be near her.
Erica..
*pfft*....true...I really don't know ANYONE who would say "its God retard!" What was I thinking!!!
*brrr...it's cold in here...where IS my sweater?*
Of course I meant, restrict your searching to Orleans. (wink wink)
Sorry Vikki.
Frank
Besides...you don't really know me....I could be a CrAzY PeRsOn! You may want to meet me first before inviting me into your proximity!
What do you mean MIGHT be a crazy person?
Frank, if you need to see any papers or anything, just give me a call and I'll testify that Yvonne is certifiable! (in the best possible sense!)
:)
CRAZY is what I LOVE ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!
Post a Comment