Sunday, June 29, 2008

A fresh look...

I thought it was time for a new blogskin!

I heard this phrase recently, and it really struck a chord with me.

"It takes a lot of rain to make grass this green..."

It's speaking of God's process in our lives. The rain isn't always fun...or expected...or wanted. But without it...you'll never have green grass. It really spoke to my heart.

It also speaks to the concept of looking for greener grasses. We can look over at people across the way and think "See? THEY have it made!" or "Look at their marriage! I wish I had a marriage like that..." or "Wow..they really know God...I wish............"

The fact is that only trial, hard work, and a lot of rain produces fruit like that. For marriage? It's hours of talking, (or fighting!), counselling, seeking help when you need it, stubborn commitment, and the choice to love above everything else.

Those you see who have a great walk with God? That comes only from the same type of work! Time with Him, putting Him first, time in the word, worship, saying no to other things that can distract or hinder our walk with Him.

Rain isn't always wanted...but it's needed. And if that's what it takes...then let it rain. I'm thirsty.

9 comments:

Ren said...

I like it. It's beautiful. Just like you. :)

Jennifer said...

It also takes a lot of fertilizer to make green grass.

"A green lawn takes a lot of sh..."

-Paul

Annika said...

Yvnonne,

I often check out your blog...for it's products (burt's bees!), little tidbits, and insight. Thanks for this last post...it spoke to my heart as well and something God's been teaching me...thanks for the confirmation!!

Darlene (from Altona)

Trudy said...

Yvonne
Well said, there is nothing to add!

Love you

And yes I like the new skin.

Mom

Ted Decock said...

...so I took my shovel and dug out a piece of grass. I turned it over and guess what, it was NOT greener on the other side...it was brown. So there, I found out for myself! Dad

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

hahaha Love the before comments of T and T, also you new grassy layout, even t words are great

good sunday, JoAnn:)

Vikki said...

i love it :) and I love you! and WHY oh WHY does it feel like I have not seen you for AAAAAGES? i miss you

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's FRESH. It's NOW. No ponchos to be found. :P
Love you!

Deanna Momtchilov said...

beautiful - the skin, the post, and you!