Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Anneka-ism

Anneka and I had been on a little "mother/daughter" date last week. While in the car we were chatting away, but then there was a moment of silence. Suddenly, Anneka carefully started to speak...

"Welll....it's official..." she started slowly
"Oh? What's official?" I asked
"I definitely love Reed" she stated carefully.

Reed is a little boy at school that Anneka has developed a crush on. We began to hear his name a couple months ago. When I asked Anneka what she liked about Reed, she said "He makes me laugh soooo much!"

I asked her if he knows she likes him, and she told me the following story:

Reed had found out about Anneka's 'feelings' for him...but had paid her no attention really. One Friday he came up to her in gym class.
"Anneka...I have something to tell you. Do you want me to tell you now? or later?"
"I dunno...maybe you should tell me when you WANT to tell me." (can anyone say mature?)
"Uh...I'll tell you later then." and he shyly ran away.

Anneka shrugged and walked back to her friends. Soon 3:30 came, and school was over. On Monday, Reed still hadn't talked with Anneka, so she finally approached him.
"Reed...was there still something you wanted to tell me??" she inquired.
"Uhhh....errr.....yeah....but...ummm...I forget what it was." he stammered.

Since then, Reed has continued to make Anneka laugh, and she's continued to be smitten by him! When Anneka came home with her yearbook, Jason took it and went looking for a picture of Reed first-thing! (A very protective father, as you can see!)

The other day she came to me and asked me "How old do I have to be to get married?"
Quick as a flash...I replied "25"
"Oh. 25. That's a long time from now. I hope Reed is still around when I'm 25....because he's who I'd like to marry some day."

Later at the dinner table, Anneka told Jason about her marriage intentions. I had to laugh as Jason's eyes bugged out of his head. He stared at me with a look that said "oh no!! Please...stop this!!" Instead I went on about how wonderful it is to love someone, and I asked Anneka how many babies she and Reed may consider having.
"Umm....I think 4 babies...all girls!" she replied.
Not to be outdone, little Aila practically yelled "Oh yeah? I's gonna have 95 babies!!!" (95 is Lightening McQueen's race car number)

I can't believe that my 8 year old is already discovering boys!! It's all happening so fast!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute story! I can only imagine the humor in Jason's reactions!

Deanna Momtchilov said...

oh boy - you're doomed! :)