Monday, July 28, 2008

Anneka-ism

I spent many years attending summer camp when I was young (An all-girls camp through the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada being my favourite as a little kid) So when the church we were attending announced that they offered the same camp for kids ages 8 and up, I immediately asked Anneka if she wanted to go!

I explained that it was a 6-day sleep-away-camp. That she would sleep in a cabin with other little girls her age and a counsellor, swim, play games, and camp-fires, and learn about Jesus. I excitedly talked about my fun years at camp, and then paused to ask Anneka what she thought:

Me: So...Anneka...do you think you'd like to go to camp this summer?
Anneka: Uh-uh...no way!!
Me: *surprised* What? Really? Why not?
Anneka: Are you kidding?? How do I know I can even TRUST those people?????

Ah yes...she's her father's daughter.

So no, it appears that Anneka isn't ready for camp. That's okay with me...I prefer her with me anyhow!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

We thought about camp for the boys too. Calvary Temple has a 3 day camp for kids 5 - 7 but we also agreed that it was way too early to put them in a camp they don't know anyone while they are so very young. I went to camp a lot too. I was even a counselor one year.

Maybe next year for Anneka. Your girls are sure growing up.