Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Growing up

Both my children have grown out of their clothes. So I went out and bought some new jeans for them...only to come home, and find out that they were still too small for the girls. I'd hold them up, and Jason would say "Look how long those are! Those will never fit Anneka! She's not THAT grown up." Then she'd put them on...and well...they'd fit. (Or just fit, indicating I could have gone a size larger even) She's a Medium (size 10) in most clothes. This means that there's only ONE MORE size up before...what? She's in adult sizes? What the heck?!?!?!

So this morning, I'm going back to Superstore to return Aila's size 5 jeans for some size 6's.

This morning, Anneka tossed a dirty shirt over to me and with a laugh said "I think this one's for you, Laundry Girl" *sigh*. What can I say? She's right. That's me. Laundry Girl. It makes me appreciate all those years that my Mom did MY laundry, and it would magically appear clean, ironed, and neatly folded in my drawer. I never did entirely appreciate that. I do now!!

Besides....I'd rather be Laundry Girl when I consider the alternative. : )

Aila and Jason were in the grocery store together last week. As usual....he was pushing the cart, looking for the items on the list....and she was happily bouncing along....singing much-too-loudly (and quite off-key *hehe*) intermittently tossing random snacks in the cart when Jason wasn't looking. (Which Jason would then "veto", much to her dismay) Jason says that the best part was when she went skipping ahead, rounding the corner to another aisle, and then poked her head back around the corner, and called back with a mischievous twinkle in her eye: "C'mon wif meeee, Donkey Boy!!" and continued happily boppin along. Jason heard the stifled laugh of a few people around who had been witness to her bouncing/singing/much-too-loudly-animated observations. Of course, she was totally joking....not saying it in a disrespectful way...just teasing her old Daddy. But it's the things she CHOOSES to say that are just so random and so funny. (Like saying "Eweee...that smells like dead monkeys!!")

I love their humour

2 comments:

Vikki said...

they are so freaking adorable.

ps.I think kids clothes go to size 16

Anonymous said...

Good laughs. Thanks for sharing. (By the way, you got me hooked on Quacker's mini Crispy Delights...I really like the caramel drizzle ones. Yum!)