Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day back to school. Anneka starts GRADE 4!! I can't believe it!! I still remember so much from grade 4...kids, teachers, things we learned, did. Wow!

Aila started grade 1 today. Her first day of being in school allllll day long! She cried when she had to leave us....which broke my heart....but the teacher was great. I wonder how she's doing right now? She has to eat lunch at school...so that's a new adventure for her!

So now I have both girls in school. Gone from 8:45 in the morning until 4:15 in the afternoon. Wow!!

Here are some pics.


Waiting for the bus





In lieu of over-priced licensed backpacks, I just bought simple pink ones, and put their name (or initial) on them in rhinestone thingies. (I used plumming Goop, so they won't be falling off!) click to enlarge


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute AND so very fashionable. They look so very ready for their first day. I can't wait to hear how it turned out.

Yvonne Parks said...

Hey Lanney!!

The girls had a GREAT day! We went out for dinner to celebrate! Aila was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow at her 7pm bedtime haha.

I love Aila's denim jacket...I'd been looking for one for her, but hadn't found one anywhere! This one is a Gap jacket I found at Value Village for $5!! I'd never been there here in Ottawa (never have ever finding anything of value, or style, in Winnipeg) Turns out many of the clothes in the store near here were name brands. It was a great find!

Trudy said...

The girls look so cute. I am glad to hear they had a good day, especially Aila, since she was so apprehensive beforehand. Such an adventure for her. Anneka looking so very grown up with her glasses.
Great pics, I copied them all.
Love Mom

Lynne said...

So cute and I love Aila's striped leggings. Give them a hug from their Auntie Lynnie.