Saturday, August 8, 2009

Way to Go JEN!!!

My beautiful sister-in-law Jennifer (who lives in Sanford, North Carolina USA) was in her town's local newspaper this week!

There was a rally against Goverment run Healthcare in her town, and she decided to attend anyway, since she is PRO Obama's goverment healthcare plan. In a crowd of "anti-govt' healthcare" people, she was the ONLY ONE there to show support for the plan.

She held a sign that read "My parents survived CANCER because of Gov't run Healthcare" This of course refers to my Mom and Dad. If they would have lived in the US, they would have both have died from their cancers, as they did not have the money for the healthcare they would have needed there. Jennifer went with a baby on her back (my nephew Nico), Eliana in the stroller, and Sammie walking behind her. Sammie's sign said "Healthcare premiums up 120%.....Wages up 29%. How long will you last?"

I am so proud of her!! Way to go, Jen!!

Read her part of the article below:


Jennifer DeCock of Sanford was the only public plan advocate to stand at the front of the crowd, holding a sign declaring the merits of government-run health care. DeCock's husband's parents received cancer treatment for four separate illness under Canada's government-sponsored health care system, she said. DeCock, who has lived in Sanford since she was 5 years old, said her in-laws received excellent care from the government.

"I'm coming out to make my voice heard against this initiative by rich people to stop health care from being affordable for working Americans," DeCock said.

DeCock, a registered Republican, said her family doesn't get insurance through an employer plan and she can't afford to pay for her family's care.

"I fit right in with all these people, but I don't think they realize what health care is going to cost in a few years," she said. "I'm a working parent and I can't afford it."

No comments: