Monday, March 8, 2010

Wow

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So I'm laughing. Now that is.

First....last week my Dad had a stroke. A scary thing for him, for my Mom who's caring for him, and for us kids (especially us who are far away). They say if you're gonna have a stroke, his was the kind to have. Not re-assuring. Strokes are like Cancer. Once you've had it, there is always a chance of it happening again. They still haven't found out just what is going on with my Dad...except to say there is a bleed somewhere in his brain. You can read updates on my Mom's blog

During this whole thing, I decided to have a nice massage. I had a gift certificate from Jason for my b-day...so I was excited to go! Well...I don't know what she did...but she put out my neck...and I was basically unable to look side to side for over a week. Today is the first morning that I woke up without pain. I still don't have full motion...but it's waaay better.

Aila is sick. Usually not a big deal....she tended to have nosebleeds with a fever....and we were happy that there was no fever with this sickness. (well...not a major one anyway) She has been throwing up, but she's got good aim with her little bucket. The last meal she had was Friday night. She ate a banana on Saturday then threw it up. Now it's Monday, and she's only had liquids. Poor thing. She has a crazy headache too.

Last night was fun.

She came into our bed and promptly threw up before the bucket could get into the optimal position. It was everywhere. (thankfully, no chunks, since there is no food in her stomach) It didn't even have that barfy smell. But...

When she barfed, she must have burst a capillary in her nose...because it started to bleed...so it was vomit mixed with blood...all over my white sheets, comforter, pillows etc.

it gets worse.

Jason takes Aila to clean her up, and I start stripping the bed in a hurry so the stains don't set. I throw everything into the wash (with ice) and then start working on cleaning the kingsize duvet that wouldn't fit. I'm scrubbing it in the tub for a bit....working away....then hung it to dry on the banister. Jason made the bed with fresh bedding, and we're about to fall back into bed when I look at my bedside table. Where's my phone?

My cell phone is my 'assistant' in life. (and I just upgraded to a new one that I love)
I have various alarms set that wake me up and remind us when the bus is about to come in the morning. It rings at my 2 prayer times, and I have my work calendar set up to send me texts 15 minutes before conference calls or appointments. I love my phone. I don't know how I'd keep organized without it.

I searched everywhere...until the impossible occurred to me.

By the way...did you know that cell phones float? At least mine does. I found it floating at the top of the washer as the yucky sheets agitated away.

I took it apart as best as I could, and am letting it dry. Hopeful that it will magically turn on when dry. I've heard that water really doesn't hurt electronics too badly. Heat is worse. But the screen had pools of water in the corners...that cant be good.

I'm pretty sure my phone is toast.

And this Dutch girl is way too cheap to willingly pay to buy another phone...when she just upgraded under a month ago.

Do you think they'd notice if I went back and just said "It stopped working!"???

6 comments:

Leanne said...

total long shot and I haven't tried it but I heard that if you get your phone or electronics in general wet, you should put them in a bag of rice - the rice absorbs the water. I have no idea if it actually works, but seems like it wouldn't hurt.

Vikki said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Maybe there is a 30-day-no-questions-asked warraanty on it

Deanna Momtchilov said...

Ya, that does not sound like a good week. Puts life into perspective sometimes, eh? Hope things start to look up! :)

Trudy said...

Well, this Mom loves you very much.
It can't get any worse, so... that means it's going to be better!
We are glad to hear Aila is so much better

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

BIG HUG,I understand how you feel,it not honest that you have that all, take care, sweet cousin.

Jennifer said...

When it rains it pours, huh??