Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pear Creative | Beyond Apples and Oranges

So, I'm happy to announce that my new venture is up and running!!



For those of you who aren't in the marketing or publishing world, the word "creative" is used in business as a noun. A word meaning similar to "design". It refers to the design of materials used in publishing, marketing or advertising. Ex: "Joe is in charge of the campaign's creative".

The 'pear' idea came out of a humorous conversation 2 years ago about how the company "Apple" had taken the name of a fruit, and created a branding empire! I was already thinking about a name change at this point. Someone quicky tossed out the name "Orange" (funny, because I'm Dutch)...But my response had been this

"I want to take people BEYOND apples and oranges....to fresh ideas!"

To me, there's nothing fresher than a good pear! Its like the candy of the fruit-world!

So Pear Creative was born.

Why the name change from Yvonne Parks Design? Well, I wanted to grow beyond myself. Taking my name out of the business allows me to incorporate other talented people, and move beyond what my capabilities are. It now can grow to be a group of artists, under one banner. And I love that idea!

www.pearcreative.ca

4 comments:

Lanney said...

Congratulations Yvonne! That is really exciting!

Debi said...

I remember first hearing about this and being like "really?" - not real enthused because it seemed so 'out there' even after you explained it. :) However, I have to say that I was wrong. What you wrote here is truly awesome and I love it! I totally 'get' your point and love the creativity of it, plus I love the design at the top here. :) I also love the design of the website. So for whatever my opinion matters (lol), I now eat my words and think you did a fabulous job!! Blessings!

Yvonne Parks said...

Debi...

You have NO idea how much that means to me!!! Seriously!! Thanks so much...

And it's so awesome to hear from you...I read your blog faithfully!

Y

Trudy said...

Congrats Yvonne, so proud of you!
Love, MOM