Friday, August 26, 2011

August

How is it possible that summer is almost over? A friend posted a picture of Christmas decorations on sale at Costco! It literally made my stomach lurch!  I'm grieving that its almost September. I love having my girls home. I love the heat, the sunshine, wearing shorts and sandals...I love summer!

The girls go back to school on Sept 6, and they couldn't be more ready. They are have their school supplies packed in their backpacks, and waiting by the door. No joke. Very ready. I on the other hand will miss having them around all day. Sleeping in, lazy breakfasts. School means waking up via an alarm going off, breakfast on time, schedule schedule schedule. Blech.

I told Jason that before I die, I would like to live in a climate like California where summer is basically year round. To have month after month of warm sunshine....just sounds lovely.

We didn't 'go' anywhere this summer. Well, except for 2 night in Montreal for the Taylor Swift Concert/Aila's Birthday. We stuck around all summer. Of course, partly because I need to work every day and just can't take off that much time.  We did hit the beach a couple times, but mostly stayed put. Besides my busy work schedule, another reason for this is that we are taking a vacation this winter (why leave town when it's summer? I'll leave when it's COLD! haha). I guess the benefit of time passing so quickly is that our winter trip is approaching even faster. I am definitely looking forward to that! The Parks' clan is taking a Caribbean cruise. We're so excited!

So yes....around 12 more days before summer is officially over....and I'm  praying for some hot beach weather this week....for one last 'hurrah'.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is SO awesome that you are taking a Caribbean cruise! I hope you LOVE it! Speaking of weather you prefer, I think you'd love Kona!