Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Counting down the days

We leave in just over a week for our first ever family vacation. Yes, we've snuck away for a weekend close by...and we've flown back to Winnipeg as a family...we've never gone on a holiday with the kids. I'm so excited, I can hardly sleep at night!

There is so much to plan for...packing for the 'unknown' is especially weird. The other thing is making sure all my work projects are being completed in time. Why is it that even when you give clients 3-4 months advanced notice...they still wait till the week before to suddenly send in all their files...effectively bottlenecking everything in the last remaining hours? Bad planning I guess.

I was setting my 'auto reply' message for my email addresses (I have 6!) and I was so tempted to simply write "On vacation. Leave me alone. :)" But alas...the many that know my humour and affection for them would laugh. But some would be greatly offended. Best not to offend.

Just to be annoying, I found a neat count-down timer. Weeeeee!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Sooo excited for you! Hope you guys have an AWESOME time!

Trudy said...

Well sweet, I am sure you'll have such a great time together. So happy you are able to do this as a family!

Janita said...

Have a fantastic trip!!! Such wonderful family memories...enjoy, friend. Janita