Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 6

I havent written about our Visalus Challenge in 5 weeks. Mostly because I was frustrated. hehe.

I am midway through week 6, and I am officially down 10 pounds. However, I lost 6 of those pounds in week one. The last 3 weeks have been hard, because I didn't lose anything. I realized that my daily calories were just too high still, so I went back to what I know to be tried and true. Tracking points with the Weight Watchers System. I moved from 2 Visalus shakes a day down to 1 shake a day. It seemed just too big a breafast for me. I'm happier with my coffee and fruit. I"m never hungry in the morning, so I felt like I was forcing this down my throat, and then ending up having too many calories per day.  I'm not ON Weight Watchers, I just use their method of 'points' to keep track of calories. But as soon as I started tracking, I lost the other 4 pounds quickly.

I found a great iPad app that I track my food intake with. It gives me a chart of how many calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugars, sodium I'm having each day, so I'm able to really see the quality of my food. It changes how I snack, because instead of having a 2 point snack that is carb based, I have a 2 point snack like cheese that has more nutritional benefits.  (Thank you BabyBel!) :)

So Visalus is great, but I don't credit my weight loss to it...because its not a miracle cure. Weight loss is based on calories in and out and moving. BUT, I know that the amount of vitamins, minerals and wonderful suppliments I'm getting from Visalus is super good for me, and is filling my body with things I normally would NOT have gotten in my diet. So I do credit it for helping my body be healthier. Its not about weight loss this time...its about being healthier. And I can feel that I am.

I'm mostly off bread, and find that when I do have it...it sits like a rock in my stomach. Not enjoyable at all. I find that eating a couple soda crackers when I have a 'bread' craving is easier on my tummy....tho I don't seem to crave bread at this point anymore.

We are half-way through our 90 day challenge!

ps...have I mentioned that Jason is dropping weight like crazy? He's running 5km (3.1 miles) 6 days a week, lifting weights, and having 2 Visalus shakes a day. He's loving it, and looking so healthy and fit!! :)


No comments: