
I have bad news.
I'm pretty sure that Big Eyes is blind.
Today I separated our fish...putting Big Eyes in his own bowl, and leaving Dorothy in her original state. Dorothy seems none the worse for wear...in fact, she seemed chipper. (Can a fish "seem chipper"? I don't know)
Back to big eyes. This poor fish can't seem to catch a break!
I put him in a good sized bowl, with a little "plastic plant" in the middle. I thought he'd enjoy the greenery, and besides, I'd heard that fish like to hide behind things. But, this plant had kind of pointy parts on it, and Big Eyes kept ramming into it! And when you look like him, and you ram head first into something pointy...well...what do you think happens? You hit it EYE-first!After a few hours, I went back to check on Big Eyes, and found that one eye had become waaaay bigger than the other one. Do fish swell? I don't know that either. But at any rate, he just couldn't seem to NOT run into that plant! Also, he didn't see me put the food in the bowl...and it took a while before he got around to finding it.
So I removed the plant, and declared Big Eyes not only ugly, but blind as a bat. Or a fish. Whatever.
Now, I am aware that I could be wrong. B.E could simply just be REALLY stupid. Or maybe have a real problem with depth perception! (A bad thing for a fish, I'd assume) However, I'd prefer to think that he is just as smart as any other fish, but just handicapped.
ps...how sad is the state of my life when the majority of my posts are regarding my fish?? *yeeks*
Hi there. I'm Yvonne, and I'm a wife, Mom of 2 and business chick. Welcome!



No comments:
Post a Comment