Monday, April 14, 2008

Update

Well, Dawson flew back to Winnipeg yesterday. We were sad to see him go! We had a fun time, and he was a delightfully low-maintenance house-guest. haha. His love of 'solitude' came in handy....since I've been sick all week with allergies, and (it appears) some allergy-induced-asthma.

My Mom (aka: Oma) is flying in on Saturday morning, and then flying out Sunday night again. I know...it's weird...but she has this "All-you-can-fly" ticket that is good for one month, so she can make little trips like this for another week or so. The only problem is that you can only fly on a Sat, Sun or Tuesday. (And she happens to have a cancer-screening test on Monday) so Sat to Sun it is! The girls are very excited!

Ron and Lynne are coming at the end of the month, however, I don't really even know WHEN! I think they've booked their ticket here, but I don't know how long they are staying. ha-ha. I'm sure they'll let us know when they know. Not that it matters...with family it's that way...come, stay, go....it's all good!

I'm hoping my Dad will be able to visit next month. He was here once in October, but with his health, traveling isn't comfortable. So of course, I understand that he can't do it often. However, with the tulips in bloom here in Ottawa, it's sure to be GORGEOUS....and he may just enjoy it.

Speaking of tulips, the snow is now receding, and we can see actual GRASS! Whohoo! In fact, I even see some shoots coming up thru the snow. My Mom and I planted some tulips and some hyacinth in the fall, so I'm assuming it's them that are popping out. I can't even tell you how thankful I am that winter is over. There's nothing like sunshine and warmer weather to make you feel like you just may survive!

No comments: