Friday, May 9, 2008

One Handy Brother!!

Ron and Lynne were here for 7 days, and we had a really nice time! There are more pictures on Lynne's blog.

Ron has a theory about "earning his keep" when staying with people. (I personally thought he should just sit on his tuckus and let us take care of him....but if I'm honest...I rather started to appreciate his theory!)

I took pictures of the things that Ron fixed around our house! (the ones I could remember!)
____________________________________________________

He re-hung these mirrors, as one was hanging crooked after a nail became loose

Fixed our front door knob (it was falling off)

Fixed the toilet that had been slightly running for 9 months
He also fixed a toilet seat in the upstairs bathroom (no photo of that, because it looks the same as this one!!)

There was a crack in this vent cover (I had never noticed) He glued it.

Tightened the faucet!
Re-hung the fridge door (had to buy washers to do this!)
And the BEST SURPRISE:
NEW stainless steel knobs on ALL our kitchen cabinets! We came home to find that Ron and Lynne had bought us BRAND NEW knobs.....and replaced all our old yucky ones!!!




4 comments:

Vikki said...

can they stay at my house next time???

Trudy said...

Wow, wow, wow and wow. I am so glad he still lives in Winnipeg. Except our repairs are in the hundreds of dollars. We just had a quote to replace a window and frame. (Window has a crack in it).
$1200.00 just one window.

Our house needs painting to avoid more rotting of the wood.

I am glad that Ron and Lynne had a great time and that he was able to be useful, hahaha!

Ron said...

I also:
- repaired the freezer baskets
- reattached the dishwasher handle
- glued the under-sink garbage lid (does it close now when you close the cabinet door?)
- tightened the van's rear-view mirror.

I had hoped to out-give you guys, but you made it impossible. You were so accommodating and available, it was a pleasure to stay with you.

A++++ Would stay there again!!!

Anonymous said...

Yvonne, Ron just spent 2 hours at my house helping me with my anti-virus and firewall programs cause they weren't working! I know what you mean. I am so thankful. My own brother is a lot like Ron and he has helped me out a lot too. I always say how amazing he is. Here's to amazing brothers. Thanks guys!