Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ottawa Valley Vineyard

The Ottawa Valley Vineyard (aka: Timbuktu Vineyard) is in a little town called Carleton Place. This is the building where they meet. The "Carleton Place Canoe Club".
It's very pretty...in a park, right on the river.

Inside while the band does it's sound check (and yes...of course...we were waay early!!)


This is outside the doors of the room where they meet. Looking at the pic above, there are sliding doors along the side walls...that lead to this wrap-around balcony overlooking the river.

All these doors lead inside to the main room...so in the summer they just open them all up and let the breeze blow through.
Aila on the balcony


The view. (i wanna try one of those kayaks someday!!)

This is 'downtown' Carleton Place. It's a little town a lot like Morden.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Very nice! I love the water. That is definitely my thing.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Interestng Yvonne,
I like to know/see your trips in and around the area, from where you live . As a matter of fact,I like to see "all about Canada". Thanks for sharing.

BTW:Your mom sended me a link from the trains in Canada, also very interesting & soooo beautifull!...

( of course! I like all from YOU/Jason and the kids too)

Kristi said...

Looks very nice and inviting!

Anonymous said...

Yvonne, I know it isn't "home" yet in your heart, but Ottawa sure looks like a beautiful place to live. I am happy for you that you have found this beautiful place to worship and hope it brings you much joy in the future.

Jennifer said...

That is beautiful! I hope it's not too far away, then you can go a lot.