Monday, September 8, 2008

Healthy Livin' update - Week 2

Down another 3 pounds. (total of 7) That's a good start at losing the 13 pounds I gained this summer.

It's started raining again here. We had 2 or more weeks of sunshine, which was lovely. Espcially nice because it meant I was able to run and not get wet. Last week it was 30C most evenings, so it was hot...but dry. Now it's raining. I'm like a cat. I don't like being wet.

Running has been going well, even if i still hate it. I'm back up to running around 25 minutes straight, and then doing 5 minutes of fast-paced walking to end it off. But tonight I sat down with a "hmph" and told myself that I wasn't going to run in the rain. Forget it. No way. Jason walked in and said "you look so conflicted". He knows me well! I was conflicted. Since part of me was having a hissy fit at the thought of running in the rain, the other bossy part of me out-smarted the whiney side. "Fine then" I said to myself. "Have it your way. Don't run. But you can put on your windbreaker (with a nice hood) and walk in the rain." Hissy-Yvonne gave Bossy-Yvonne the finger, and put on her shoes.

I haven't walked in the rain in years, and actually, with a hood on...I really didn't get too wet at all. Besides, Rhonda kept me entertained. (I have a headset for my cell-phone, and I chatted with her while I walked) Time always flies when I'm talking to her...and in no time, we'd been chatting/walking for almost 40 minutes. Nice.

Like I said, I know that no one is quite interested in how many pounds I lose...but I'm doing this for me. If I put it on my blog, it's out there. Public. And I'm accountable.

However, lately...i'm wondering if anyone is reading this. I haven't had a comment in a dog's-age. Not that comments are everything...because i rarely comment on all the blogs I read...so i understand that sometimes you just don't have anything to say. But sometimes I wonder what the point is. I'm very stubbern and commited, so I'd have a hard time giving up my blog. I was one of the first to have one...and it's been a great place to document my life and the kids. So I suppose if no one was reading...I may just keep on blogging just for me.

That's all for now.

11 comments:

April Ellis said...

Hi Yvonne

Here's a comment....

I have to say, as a new-commer to your blog i love it and your daughters are just gorgeous, you look like a very happy family.

I'll be back

X

Nancy said...

I think everyone has gone to Facebook these days, but even that will get old.
I am very proud of your dedication to getting fit, and staying healthy. Keep up the good work and if I remember the reason to blog was for ourselves. After a while, the consequences of putting ourselves 'out there' has had good and not so good results, since not everyone cares about hurting feelings etc. Thank goodness for that little trash can.
Anyway Yyonne, keep up the good thoughts and be happy that you are an amazing lady. I am not just saying that because I am your mil and care about you.
I Love you and have a great day !

Leanne said...

We don't really know each other but I'm here reading every post!! I read from my feed reader though so I usually don't comment....I wish you could post comments through the reader...

Keep posting!! :)

Vikki said...

I CARE!!! I really do. I wish the bossy in me would start coming out

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and come back regularly looking for updates on your lovely family. I am an ex Winnipeger who also moved away so I could totally relate to your homesick posts. Also, as someone who struggles lately with my faith, I find you very inspirational in that department.
p.s. FYI, I totally went out and bought the scarves last fall from Dollarama after you posted them on here!

Yvonne Parks said...

Hey Anonymous...

Thanks for your comment! That's cool! (I just LOVE those scarves too!!!)

Brigitte said...

Hey Yvonne this is exactly why I stop blogging, but hey I am very proud of you, you are really doing a great job and are very determine and that help. But I do understand the everyday struggle about do I run or do I stay home we know what is best but still the struggle is there, i also go through this everyday, we don't work out for the same reason mine is to be able to sleep at night believe me it work but at the end both of us is to be healthier. HIGH FIVE !!!

Yvonne Parks said...

Brig...

Don't stop blogging! Especially after I made you a nice blogskin!! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Hissy Yvonne

I hate running in the rain.
But remember I hate running.

See you at the next marathon :-)

Paddy

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Heeh Yvonne,
i know what you mean, I read your blog regularly , but I know the feeling too,'about getting no comments'.
I thought this: 'My close friends/family were maybe too busy to watch my blog?' ...and I felt disappointed too, the same feeling like you are saying . (I even asked them: 'why they did not comment' their answer was: 'that is was not their habit to comment')OK , so far so good...

But I wanted to continue blogging, ad I would like to find a way ...
Therefore I started to join groupblogs(1 1/2 year ago) This were overall photography "theme-blogs'. So since then I'm blogging "worldwide" by signing in at a 'Mr Linky's-blog'.
This way other people with the same interest's, can find my blog. Some people I met personal, or they write me by email more specific (personal) things, or they react/ask me about my photography ( or my health when needed).

YOU have so many interesting things to say Yvonne! So keep up the good work please? I think your blog is very various with lots of subjects i am intested in anyhow...

HOLD ON, I am a fan of your blog:)
You are my biggest example of fantastic blogging!

Try to find another way, maybe my way is not your way to blog, but it can be a support maybe to continue?

Jennifer said...

there are 10 comments already when I leave this one.
I've only ever had 10 comments once, when a friend posted 10 different one-word comments, wishing me a happy birthday.
I have gone 6 months without a single comment. twice. and 60 hits a day? I have had that maybe over the course of 30 days.

Just for perspective.