Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fab Fast Food

I love fast food. I just really do. I've seen "Super Size" me, and I think it's actually a lot of crap and totally biased. Sorry, but that guy bought all the WORST things on the menu. He didn't even try for the healthier options. How would the results have been different if he had?

I've had to make some adjustments to what I order when I go for fast-food, and I now prefer Wendy's over McDonald's for the healthy choice options they offer.

A Caesar Salad at McDonald's hast 9g of fat, so stay away from that! (and that's before you add the chicken on top...which takes you up to 18g of Fat

You're better off to take the Garden side, with a low fat dressing.
However, if you aren't a salad person (like me), then McDonalds only has one other 'side' option for you. Fries.

Mc D Med Fries
Cal: 360
Fat: 17g
Points: 8.5

If you go to Wendy's, you can choose a potato! (these numbers include the sour cream on top)

Wendy's Potato (7g of fibre!)
Cal: 320
Fat: 4g
Points: 5.5

I love burgers. And my old fav was the Quarter Pounder. (Suicide on a bun!)

Mc D's Quarter Pounder
Cal: 750
Fat: 45g
Points: 18.5

But Wendy's has the great Ultimate Chicken Grill

Ultimate Chicken Grill
Cal: 320
Fat: 7g
Points: 7

Want dessert? Look at what McD's has to offer in icecream:

Chocolate Sundae
Cal: 330
Fat: 10g
Points: 7.5
(uh...and this icecream tastes disgusting!)

McD Milkshake
Cal: 560
Fat: 14g
Points: 12.5

Or you can head to Wendy's and grab a yummy frosty:

Frosty
Cal: 320
Fat: 8
Points: 7

I'm also a sucker for the Snack Wrap (grilled, with honey mustard) and now Wendy's has one too. (in a combo with a potato and a diet coke for only $3.99!)

I likey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm Wendy's...I am a long time fan. Jr Bacon Cheeze burger with frosty....yum.

how are you guys?

Jennifer said...

Good choices. Perfect Yvonne.

One of Freedom said...

Our kids love Wendy's too. The toys there are actually useful as opposed the stuff from Rotten Ronny's. And I never felt full after McD, just different. At Wendy's I always get the BLT salad with grilled chicken. The baked potatoe option is awesome! and I love their grilled chicken sandwich except not the honey mustard sauce (I sub in mayo).

Now I'm hungry. Thanks Yvonne....

Lynne said...

I love the snack wrap. I hadn't been to Wendy's for a long time till your Mom took me and Alyssa there a week ago. We had the potato. It was good but I should have had some cheese with it.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

pfff I really stay far away from this all,(I like t too much) I think (if I could find them) I skip the Mc Donalds and Wendy's.

Do you know that you can hardly find "fast food stores" in Holland, we don't eat fastfood here, maybe because they aren't hardly to find... who knows...