Friday, October 31, 2008

From the Archives...

A poem I wrote when Anneka's fish "Big Eyes" died.


O Goldfish My Goldfish

O Goldfish, My Goldfish
How pleasant, alas...
To watch you a'swimming
Tho hitting the glass

Some, they did laugh
Some they did scoff
But t’was only your big eyes
Throwing depth-perception off.

So bumping you went
To...and then fro
Your big eyes quite usless
As a bikini in the snow.

Day after day
Solitary in your tank
Not knowing how to eat
How your life must have stank

But Goldfish, My Goldfish
You did not die alone
For many readers of this blog
Made their hearts, your home.

So swim fast t'wards the light
For nothing can foil it...
We helped give you a push
With a flush down the toilet

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh how I remember Big Eyes ! That is one great poem Yvonne, I don't remember reading it before. Very funny....it should be published. Hey ! I think you have some of your dad's humour.