Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sad News

Today I found out that my second-cousin Steph was killed by a car this morning.

I didn't really know him, because they live in Holland. But I saw him once in 1999, and again in 2005. he was such a sweet kid. He was the 17 year old son of my favorite cousin Els. (Els's Mom and my Mom are sisters) I am feeling so full of grief for Els and her husband. I can't imagine losing a child....I can't imagine the shock, disbelief, and pain. It's so very sad, and I feel so far away. But I just feel sick inside.

I wish I could be there.

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Actually we him him when we were both in Holland (three years ago).
Mom

April Ellis said...

Hi Yvonne. I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so hard when the person is so young. I'm sending you and your family love xx

One of Freedom said...

Sorry to hear Yvonne.