Monday, November 3, 2008

Anneka-ism

It dawned on me that I need to be careful what I say now, because the ads are taken from key words used in my entries! hehe. I'll try not to say Corn with a P (if you get my drift). : P

You may remember that Anneka has an older little friend on our street. Little K is 11, and comes from a difficult home (Mom is a drug user whom she sees once a year, Dad is busy working.) She is on her own most of the time, and desperate for interaction with a "Mom" figure. She has been nothing but sweet to me, but it turns out she's not so sweet to the little kids she's playing with, or some of their parents. I've heard reports that she has mouthed off to some of the parents in an unacceptable way, and worse..has been heard swearing on my trampoline. (Calling our neighbor boy a "Little Sh--" and worse....using the F word.)

We decided to have a chat with Anneka. We asked her if Little K ever says bad words.
"No! I've never heard her say any bad words!" she said

It seemed strange that Anneka would deny K's use of bad language, since Anneka is usually truthful.....even if it will get her in trouble. She's just honest. I couldn't imagine her covering for K unless there was another reason...

Jason had a suspicion....

Jason: Anneka, I'm gonna let you do something right now. For the next minute, you can tell us all the 'bad' words you know. You won't get in trouble...you can say them. What are the bad words you're aware of?"
Anneka: *look of shock and fear* Um....I don't know if I wanna say...
Jason: It's okay honey, it's safe right now. I promise, you won't get in trouble.
Anneka: are you sure?
Jason: Yup...it's okay...just for now. Go for it.
Anneka: *gulp* Okay....here it goes.

"The bad words I know are.....Stupid...Dummy.....oh-my-God...and *big gulp*....friggin."

She looked at us with her eyes wide. Waiting. Waiting for the hammer to come down for her foul mouth-ed-ness.

We tried not to laugh.

The sweet thing....she's so innocent!!


We had a talk about what "not nice" or "bad words" were, and what actual "Swear words". Then, for purely education purposes, Jason went through a list of swear words. (Which I won't list, because I don't want my ads to get tainted!! haha)

We put some restrictions on her interaction with K, and let me just say, I had a very stern talk with K....giving her the warning of a lifetime...in a very intense way that would have scared a grown-up. "Don't use language like that around my kids...or the next talk we have won't be as pleasant as this one."


1 comment:

Trudy said...

Yep, that sure is a staggering list of words allright!

Oma