Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kansas City

Well, this is our last day in Kansas City.

Jason and I flew here on Friday for a series of meetings. We've not made it public yet, but now I guess it's official.

Here's what we're up to:



Exodus Cry is a community of intercessors focused on praying for the ending of Human Trafficking & the Sex Trade. They also work to rescue girls from this life, and see them put into safehouses, and restored. We're not talking just about adult women. In fact, most of these girls are just that. Girls. Little ones....4 years old. Twelve years old.....just children.

A couple months ago, I walked into the livingroom to find Jason weeping as he cuddled with Aila on the floor. He looked up at me, and said "There are little Ailas kept in cages in parts of the world and used as sex slaves. They are forced to service up to 40 men a day. How can that be okay? And what wouldn't I do to rescue Aila out of that life??! There isn't anything I wouldn't do!! I'd give my life for it. But Yvonne, my heart just doesn't distinguish between "those girls" or my girls. They ARE my girls...those are my Ailas...and I HAVE to do something."

So this is what we're doing.

Some people may ask "What good is praying?" and our answer is this: Unless Angels and Demons move, nothing is going to change. Justice is empty without the power of God behind it. So we are starting there.

2 comments:

Annika Marie said...

Yvonne,

Have you ever heard of International Justice Mission? They are in that line of work...google their website. We heard the founder speak at leadership summit last year in Winnipeg, and it was phenomenal!

Blessings as you pursue this work of justice!

Darlene Enns-Dyck

Diane Ulmer said...

Amen!