Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Business?

I have a business idea. I want to start a small company that helps small businesses get started!

The concept is this:

"Helping small business hit the ground running"

So many businesses start, but don't stand a chance against the larger established companies for various reasons. But one reason is that they don't LOOK competent! If you have a poster with tear-off tabs in the grocery store, you don't evoke confidence and stability. I want to help small companies by branding them. Logo, marketing materials, simple website etc.

Then at least, small business has a head start when they begin. They may not have many clients (yet) but they don't have to LOOK that way!!

While I have tonnes of ideas when it comes to company names, I'm finding it really hard to come up with a name for MY company. You have to keep in mind, that the name has to have an available domain name to match. So while Parks Group may be a nice name....the dot-com and dot-ca addresses are taken.

I liked the name Rinna (it means "to run" in Swedish) or the name Rennen (to run, in Dutch) But Rennen is harsh sounding...so I prefer Rinna. But Jason doesn't like it, and either does anyone else....it seems.

So...anyone got an idea?

Now, keep in mind that I don't want to have a name that is too specific. I don't want it to have "Small Business" in the title, because I want to be open to working with larger businesses as well. If your name is too specific, you elliminate the chance of evolving into something larger.

I'm open to ideas....

10 comments:

Trudy said...

Um, I am thinking! Still thinking...... and thinking......

How much is my suggestion actually worth? Because I could think, but also think. The one "think" is a lot more than the other "think" is worth.

Mom
Ennovy Creations?

Deanna Momtchilov said...

I like Rinna, but it needs something more. Rinna Creations, Rinna...

Yvonne Parks said...

It would be Group.

Rinna Group etc...

Anonymous said...

What about something punchy...like Go! Group...

Yvonne Parks said...

Kath...I like that! But all the domains are taken except for

TheGoGroup.ca

Lynne said...

StartSmart

sean said...

Punchy Group Inc.

Yvonne Parks said...

Lynne...

i LOVE that! We actually thought of JumpStart too...but then a business friend told me that if I have the name "start" in it, then I'm limiting my clients to businesses that are just starting (while I'd be open to improving established businesses too.)

You are good at this!! Gimme another!! :P

Trudy said...

SmartWay group?

Trudy said...

TheSmartWay Group ?