Friday, September 4, 2009

Experiment Update

It's been one week since starting my low fat, high carb, eat-as-much-as-you'd-like experiment.

I'm down 1.5 pounds, and have walked 6 of the 7 days. (it rained one day!)

I'm sooo happy to be eating unlimited pasta again!

Oddly, I find I'm not eating as much, since the carbs are very filling. A big bowl of pasta for lunch fills me up right until supper. (while before, I was dying for a snack by 2)

Things I've enjoyed eating this week:

  • LOTS OF Potatoes (no butter, fat free sour cream)
  • KD made without margarine or butter, with skim milk
  • Various packaged pastas,w/ skim milk (most of the time, the fat in packaged pastas get their fat from what you add to it during preparation. So just leave it out. Tastes the same)
  • Candy (twizzlers, nibs, Swedish berries...
  • Fat Free puddings
  • Beef Jerky
  • Out to eat: Chicken burger with lettuce and bbq sauce, baked potato
  • Out to eat: Teriyaki chicken and rice (from "Teriyaki" in the mall!)
  • Bagels with jam and/or fat free cream-cheese (no margarine or butter)
  • Oven baked fries
  • Lots of honey-nut cheerios with skim milk
  • Turkey meatballs in sweet and sour sauce
  • Lots of rice
  • Baked Lays chips (with fat free onion dip)
  • Turkey Chili
  • Lots of Fruit
  • Veggies of all kinds
  • No name's Teriyaki Chicken and Rice frozen meal
The hardest part is not being able to have fries or other deep fried foods. Abstaining from mayo, cheese and bacon on my chicken burger in a restaurant is hard too, but with a good bbq sauce (like the Apple Butter BBQ at Montana's) I hardly noticed it. So I miss fries, however, I did actually have them once this week, but felt physically ill afterward. Your body gets used to the 'clean' feeling of no oils.

We'll see how this week goes. Losing 1.5 pounds is easy....I'll know if this is worth it if I can lose a sturdy 5 more and get below my first target weight.

3 comments:

Ren said...

I'm glad to see you're feeling a bit more encouraged. It makes me happy when you're happy. I love you

Colleen said...

way to go. Changing things up is sometimes what the body needs!! Keep going!!

Amanda said...

I'm curious to know how the experiment is going. Update please!