Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe

This is a GREAT recipe for a low fat version of Alfredo Sauce

It makes one large serving:

2 wedges Laughing cow lite cheese
1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons skim milk (add more if it's too thick, but if it looks thin, that's okay, as it will thicken as it cools)
2 tsp Parmesan cheese
salt/pepper if desired

Heat together, mixing really well.
The cheese wedges don't melt easily...so I found that breaking them up and whisking it alot helped the cheese to melt.

It's 2.5 points, or 100 calories.

Pour it over a bowl of Catelli Smart high fibre pasta, and a couple cups of veggies (like broccoli)
Its great!

2 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Hi Yvonne! That looks delicious. I'll have to try it. I'm on Christian Women Online too! I'm visiting around to new blogs and thought I'd say hello! Here is my blog

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

wow! I am sure gonna try this sauce, I love cheese sauces, maybe because I am Dutch , we love cheese in any/all meals.

Greetings from JoAnn