Thursday, April 22, 2010

Family Time

Since moving here, we have had to discover what it means to be a family. For me, the word "family" always meant my parents, my siblings, my in-laws, the cousins....and all that fun stuff. Now, its just us in this city. Family means Jason, me, and our girls. We've taken to looking for interesting things to do as a family....to spend time together. We have family movie night (something we'd never really done in Winnipeg), we go to the wave pool once every few months, or just head out to the mall to have lunch, and just wander.

Well...my friend Vikki once mentioned a place called "Mont-Tremblant" to me, and not knowing what it was - I Googled it....only to find out that it's this adorable ski-resort in Quebec....only about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from here. Tremblant looks like a mini version of a European town, just plopped at the base of the Laurentian mountains. The mountain is 2,871 ft which isn't like the Rockies, obviously, but a mountain none-the-less.

Since it is off-season, the hotels slashed their prices, and we got a fantastic deal at the beautiful Chateau Tremblant Fairmont. They have an indoor pool, indoor hottub, as well as outdoor heated pools and hottubs that are open year-round. So, we plan to walk around, swim, take a gondola up the mountain, and just have some relaxing family time! I'm excited!





3 comments:

Trudy said...

Ohhhhhh, I want to come along, after-all, I am family!!!!!!!
Have a great time sweet, (even if it is without me :-(, hahaha!

Deanna Momtchilov said...

looks lovely...enjoy!

Kristi said...

That looks awesome! How fun!