Saturday, May 1, 2010

To bleach or not to bleach

I love using bleach. Nothing like freshly bleached whites, I say!

However, some people are rather nervous using bleach. Some are down-right scared of it! And I'll admit, it can break down the fibres of your fabric...if you use it too often.

This is a solution I learned from my Mom! Forget the bleach, add dishwasher detergent! That's right...the powder-stuff you keep under your sink for use in your dishwasher is a really great cleaner! Just add 1/4 cup (more if you really need it) along with your regular detergent, in a hot cycle...and watch your whites get really clean! In fact, I like to have an inexpensive box (no name) in my laundry room next to my detergent. Works great!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I now use Hydrogen Peroxide along with detergent. I buy that at WalMart's drugstore at $1.75 per liter. Brightens up or rather oxidizes the laundry and it is environmental friendly.