Monday, September 13, 2010

Notes

Jason usually makes the girl's lunches, but since he's out of town...I made them today. When I do it, they get a note! It was something my Mom did every day when we were in school. There was always a note in our lunches. I carry on the tradition when making them for my girls. I write something different for each girl, and a different note each day!

This shows how different my two kids are from each other.

Aila comes home:

"Mommy....I got the note in my lunch! It said (recites note with her computer-like memory). I showed it to Kira (her lunch neighbor) and she read it too! I liked my note..."

Anneka comes home:

"Mommy.....I don't think it is such a great idea to put notes in my lunch. I don't want to hurt your feelings...but if my FRIENDS saw it...I would be so embarrassed of some of the things you wrote...so...pleeeeease...no more notes!" (click on the scan I made of the note!)

So...do I stop leaving her a note...with lovely messages about how much she means to me? Or just keep doing it...and leave it to her to hide them if she doesn't want them viewed?

4 comments:

Trudy said...

Keep on doing it but less emotional.I remember Paul telling me that at lunch he gave his two cookies to a friend (high-school). Friend took a bite, what the beeperdebeep is this, friend bit on a piece of heart shaped paper, with "I love you" on it. Paul was somewhat embarrassed but also felt he had a Mom who loved him and told the guy so. Paul's version might be somewhat different though, hahaha!

Ren said...

I think you should keep on doing it, but tell her that if she's worried that her friends will see, she just has to remember that when Mommy makes lunch there will always be a note in there, so she can check the lunch earlier and take the note out discreetly and read it herself. Then it's like a secret between the two of you, which can make it even more special.

Ren said...

I forgot to say, I still have all the notes you left for me, including the ones you put in my luggage when I moved back to Winnipeg from Ottawa. I cherish them.

Trudy said...

Ren, that is a very good suggestion, how cute that you kept Yvonne's notes. I am very sentimental like that as well.