Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fun little things

I'm a simple girl...it doesn't take much to make me smile. I love dollarama...a place where I can get something cute for $1. I love decorating, and when you find the 'right' thing, its just fun.

Anneka got her 'own room' this summer. Using her favorite colour, I put together a room for her that she loved. However, she did say "I think we need some yellow in here." And you know...she was right! Yellow with the purple just popped!

We went out to find a yellow cushion for her bed, but were unable to find one. Apparently, yellow is not a trendy colour. And I looked everywhere: department stores, malls, local household decor shops, eBay, etsy, you name it. Until last week, when we finally came across the perfect little round pillow.

You may be thinking: "So what? Who cares?" Well...Anneka and I sure cared. We high-fived, and ran home to try it out. Simple things....

I like the fact that a simple thing can make me smile...bring me a burst of joy. But what I love more is that my daughter is as easily given joy by a small thing. For her, a little pillow...or a new pack of markers...or a fresh book to read...or a visit to her Oma's house...those are things that bring a smile to her face. I love that about her.

No comments: