Thursday, May 29, 2014

Crazy Dog Lady

As I'm walking with the doggies over to get the mail, I see a car stop along side me.

The driver yells "Hey! Can I see your puppies?"

Delighted, I walk over and tell the story (Blah blah, Cookie, Moo, brothers, maltese, 2 years, 5 months, blah blah) *is this, for real, my life now?*

Stop right there: Right off, you can tell what's gonna come next by their reaction to the few talking points I just mentioned. How can I tell? Because they CARE. Lord knows why, but they do. They are facinated, and cooing like I've just showed them my Gerber-Baby-faced freshly birthed infant. And then I know what's coming next. And it does. The lady starts gushing about her little dog (Mittens) that she has at home. I smile and listen. (You take turns caring, you see.)

Then she tells me about the 'group' of small dog owners who meet at the dogpark down the street. Every day. Like...EVERY day. At 2:30pm. In the middle of the day.

"You should come!" she exclaims.

Is it wrong that I am both intrigued and slightly horrified at the thought? Intrigued because my doggies love other dogs, and horrified because 9 years ago I was taking my two toddlers (the human variety) to the park for a similar reason. And now I'm that crazy lady with not one, but two dogs, who talks to (seemingly unemployed) strangers about what? Their dogs! (and where we can secretly meet to be crazy dog-people together.)

I feel like I'm falling deeper and deeper into a crazy-dog-lady-hole...and I can't stop.

No comments: