Saturday, August 23, 2008

Standing in the Waves

Many of you have heard of what is happening in Lakeland Florida, and how signs of this outpouring are popping up all over the world. Well, it's also happening at Sanctuary in Winnipeg. When we took Aila, I wanted to explain why people were falling. (especially after her assumption that it just must be very slippery in there) So I said this:


"Remember at the wave pool? Remember when we were standing in the waves...and the waves started to grow? Sometimes the waves would come, and we could stand just fine...and the waves would gently flow by...right? But then sometimes...a wave would come, and it just too hard to stand..and it would knock us over. That was fun wasn't it? ("yeth! Dat was fun!") Well...the Holy Spirit is sometimes like those waves. We can stand in his presence...and let him gently touch our hearts. But sometimes, when the Spirit comes in a stronger way, we simply can't stand anymore...and we fall down."


Now, while Jason has 'gone down' a million times, I've never fallen. I have no idea why...and I've spent years standing and waiting...open heart, with a tender spirit. But nothing. So at Sanctuary, Aila would walk up to me time and time again, and ask:
"Mommy....is Daddy gonna fall down?"
"Yup, he sure is"
"Are you gonna fall down?"
"I don't know....but I'd really like too!"


A couple days later, I heard the girls playing, and I asked them what they were up to:

Aila: We're playing "Standing in the Waves!"


I watched Aila stand with her eyes closed, hands open. Anneka would put her hand on Aila's head, and yell "FIRE!!!" and then run behind Aila, and catch her as she fell down. Then they'd switch.

What a great place for kids to splash around...

1 comment:

MJ said...

I love the fact that they want to get into the river too.